You spend all winter dreaming about summer weather, right? So make sure the season is enjoyable by having a fully functioning air conditioner. Have your unit tuned up or repaired before the summer heat hits when you call our professionals at Alta Air for services in Northern Utah. Book an appointment with us and enjoy our top-of-the-line customer service!
Look to our trusted experts with the following:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Commercial Cooling Services
Is it time to replace your aging AC unit? Leave the work to our professionals! Call us for air conditioning installation services.
Signs You Need to Replace Your AC System
Are you trying to determine if your aging air conditioner should be repaired or if it’s time to replace the unit? Some signs that can indicate it’s time to replace it include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Less effective: If your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs: If your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: If you need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: If your unit is leaking.
- Noises: If you hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
If you notice these symptoms, call our experts to learn about our installation options. We offer Day and Night systems.
How To Save Money on Cooling Costs
While it’s important to keep your house cool and comfortable all summer, it can also cause your utility bills to increase. You can reduce your bills by using these tips to save on your cooling costs:
- Check your property’s insulation to make sure it’s keeping the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Is a dirty air filter hindering your air conditioner’s performance? Contact us to learn about our filter replacement services.
Common Problems With AC Units
While it’s never a good time for your air conditioner to malfunction, occasionally your unit might encounter problems. Some common issues it might experience are:
- A lack of cold air coming from the system. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription