Is your furnace or air conditioning system running but certain areas of your house aren’t comfortable? Is your house more humid than usual? These can signal you need air duct repairs or replacements. Call Alta Air to let our experts install new ductwork at your Wood Cross, UT home. Your home comfort is our one and only responsibility!
Is the air in your home too dry, especially in the winter months? Contact us to learn about our humidifier services.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need To Be Replaced
Your ductwork plays an important role in your HVAC system. These allow hot and cool air to travel throughout your home to make it comfortable. If they malfunction, it can cause your heating and cooling systems to overwork and can prevent your home from reaching its ideal temperature.
To avoid this, watch for these signs that can indicate your ductwork needs to be replaced:
- If your ducts are aging: This is especially important if your property is more than 50 years old, as aging ducts can be prone to leaks.
- If you notice cracks in the ducts: This can lead to wasted energy and rising utility bills.
- If there’s an excess of humidity in the air: This can lead to mold growth and affect your indoor air quality.
When Your Air Ducts Need Professional Repairs
How often do you inspect your air ducts to ensure they are working properly? Probably not often, right? Instead, it’s important to watch for symptoms that can indicate your system needs repairs:
- Your property is stuffy and humid.
- Your energy bills are increasing. This can indicate a leak in the air ducts, as damaged ducts can lose up to 30 percent of the air flowing through them.
- Your house has hot and cold spots. This can signal an issue that should be inspected by a professional.
Do you want to control the temperature of your house from your phone, even when you’re away from home? Contact us to learn about our smart home thermostats.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Services
It’s essential to have your ductwork inspected regularly by professionals. Some of the advantages these services can provide include:
- Increased air quality throughout your property.
- Improved health for allergy sufferers.
- Consistent heating and cooling throughout your home or building.
- Increased lifespan of the ductwork.
- Lower utility bills as leaky ducts can cause wasted air and energy.