Is your house uncomfortable and humid even when your air conditioner is running? This can indicate you need extra help removing excess moisture from your house. Call Alta Air for dehumidifier repair and installation services in Wood Cross, UT. We offer complimentary estimates before we start any work!
Is dry air causing cracked skin and lips? Or maybe even irritated sinuses or nose bleeds? You need to contact us to learn about our humidifier services.
Benefits AC Dehumidifiers Provide to Your House
Did you know excess moisture in your house can lead to the growth of mold or mildew? To avoid this you can install a dehumidifier to remove humidity in your house. Some benefits these systems provide include:
- Eliminate clammy skin that can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity the air conditioner can’t remove. This will make your house more comfortable.
- Decrease musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Take some of the burdens off of your air conditioner, helping to lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Like all appliances in your house, occasionally your dehumidifier might encounter issues that need to be repaired by a professional. Some problems can include:
- The unit doesn’t turn on: This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- The system’s reservoir is full: This can prevent the system from turning on.
- The evaporator coils are frozen: This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- There’s a refrigerant leak: This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant is a dangerous substance and should only be handled by professionals. If you suspect you have a leak, call Alta Air to schedule an appointment with our experts.
Does your commercial building need heating or cooling repairs? Contact us to learn about our commercial HVAC services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
You want your dehumidifier to keep removing the humidity from your house all summer long. To keep it working correctly, follow these routine maintenance steps:
- Change the filter
- Inspect the condenser coils often
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills