Keeping your house comfortable all year can be expensive. Between heating it in the winter months and trying to keep it cool all summer, your utility bills can skyrocket in extreme temperatures. There is a more energy-efficient option that can help lower your utility bills. Instead of installing a forced-air system, consider a ductless mini-split unit. Call Alta Air to have our trustworthy technicians install or repair your unit in Wood Cross, UT.
Is there a musty smell coming from your air conditioner? It could be the evaporator coil. Call us to schedule services in Northern Utah!
Advantages of Ductless Mini Split Systems
Are you trying to decide between a forced-air heating and cooling system or a ductless heating and air unit? A ductless system can provide the following advantages:
- Lower utility bills: This system increases efficiency, resulting in lower monthly energy costs.
- Zoned cooling: This unit lets you set various temperatures in every room throughout your property.
- Easy installation: These systems can be installed easily by a professional as they do not require ductwork or other major alterations to your property.
- Quiet operation: These units do not make as much noise as forced-air systems when they operate.
- Takes up less space: These units are very sleek and can be installed virtually anywhere, typically on a wall or ceiling.
How To Maintain Your Ductless Mini Split Unit
Like all HVAC units, it’s important to keep your ductless mini-split unit properly maintained so it works correctly. Some maintenance tasks you should perform regularly include:
- Change filters regularly: Change the filters once a month to help reduce utility bills while keeping your building comfortable.
- Schedule regular inspections: Schedule regular maintenance services with a professional at least once a year to ensure the unit is working as expected.
- Inspect interior components: During routine maintenance, ensure the contractor examines the inside of the unit to make sure all of the components are functioning properly.
Is it time to replace your aging, inefficient AC unit? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning installation services.
How Ductless Mini Split Systems Can Save You Money
One of the top benefits of installing a ductless system is it can save you money compared to a forced-air unit. These systems provide zoned cooling options, letting you alter the temperature only in rooms you are using while not spending money to cool empty rooms. This can let you save up to 50 percent on your utility bills each month. Eventually, the system can even pay for itself!