Frequently Asked Questions
When your air conditioner malfunctions, it can be due to several reasons. Some common problems include if it’s not producing cold air, if there is a leak in your air ducts, if it is only cooling parts of your property, and if it is leaking moisture.
If your furnace suddenly stops turning on, it can be due to several factors, including an issue with the sensor. If your unit is not turning on, call us at Alta Air to have our experts inspect the system.
Is your current heater too small for your house? Some signs to watch for can include if your property is not at the right temperature, if your property has inconsistent temperatures, and if your utility bills are higher than they should be.
If you’re considering installing a ductless mini-split system, it’s important to know the pros and cons of adding this unit to your house. Some pros include it’s small so it’s ideal to add to single rooms, and you can save money on your utility bills as each zone has its own thermostat. It is also great for increasing your indoor air quality. A con with these systems is their cost. They can run about 30% higher than a central air unit. These units are also more visible than forced-air systems.
When your air conditioner breaks down, it’s important to watch for certain symptoms that can indicate you should replace your unit instead of repairing it. These can include if your utility bills are rising, if your house is not cooling to the set temperature, if the system is leaking, if the unit is making odd noises, and if you’ve made several repairs on the unit recently.
What To Consider When Buying a New Furnace
When installing a new furnace, it’s important to consider certain factors when selecting a new unit. These can include:
- FUEL SOURCE: It’s important to determine what type of fuel you want your new unit to use. Gas, oil and electric systems can have varying impacts on your home and your lifestyle so it’s important to be aware of these before you choose a unit.
- SIZE: It’s crucial to know what size of furnace you need for your home or property. If it’s too small, it will cause your utility bills to increase and can lead to wear and tear on the unit. If it’s too large, it can have to adjust to maintain the desired temperature on your property.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENCY: Consider how energy-efficient you want your unit to be. The more energy-efficient a unit is, the more it might cost upfront, but the more it will save you in energy costs later.
- REQUIRED MAINTENANCE: Before you buy a unit, make sure you know what maintenance you will need to perform on the system.
While you may know you need to change your air conditioner or furnace’s filter regularly, you might not know exactly how often. Some guidelines to follow are:
- Change the filter every six months for households without pets.
- Replace it every three months if you live in an urban area.
- Change it at least every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace the filter each month if anyone in your household has a pet allergy.
- Replace the filter more often during times of heavy use.
When you need heating or cooling repairs, call Alta Air at (801) 397-2583 to schedule services in Wood Cross, UT. We guarantee satisfaction with every job!
As our customer, your safety and satisfaction is our top priority. If you aren’t happy with your service, we won’t rest until it’s been made right.
All of our technicians are background checked and drug tested. We’ll never send someone to your home we wouldn’t trust in our own!
LOCALLY OWNED & OPERATED
You can trust we have your best interests in mind and won’t recommend a service unless it’s something you need.
Sometimes you just need a second opinion. We won’t charge you for it! Call today and ask for a complimentary estimate.