Furnace repair isn’t a need you can put off in Utah! When the heat is out, you can bundle up for a time, but eventually, you’ll be forced to vacate until the problem is fixed for your safety. This is a situation that calls for Alta Air!
We know how important it is to respond promptly when our customers call and report their furnace is acting up. Even if it hasn’t completely shut off, the signs you need furnace repair shouldn’t be ignored. You can trust our proactive response team for affordable solutions — we get your heat restored fast. Call us for appointments in Wood Cross, UT.
Is it time to replace your aging furnace? Contact us to learn about our furnace installation services.
Our Troubleshooting Process for Utah Furnaces
When you call with a need for furnace repair, our first step is to get as much information as possible from you over the phone. We will ask about the signs and symptoms of the problem and then we make an appointment to come out and explore the issue. We come up with the best repair plan based on what we find during our inspection.
Some of the problems we see frequently range from clogged filters to faulty thermostats to failing ignition switches. Regardless of what’s at the root of your furnace breakdown, we’ve seen it all and we’ve repaired it all. If your system is under warranty, we make sure you are covered for parts and labor, to the extent that your contract allows. In addition, we stand by our work after the fact, so you can have confidence in the Alta team.
What You Can Expect From Furnace Repair in Northern Utah
It’s important to always depend on a licensed heating technician to take care of furnace issues. When you trust Alta, you get experience, skill, and top-notch customer service. You are our priority. Furnace repair isn’t always straightforward, but we are. We pride ourselves on the mastery of HVAC systems and the skilled, dedicated work ethic we adhere to every day on the job, repairing the heating systems in Utah homes. You can expect the best when you trust Alta Air.
We can also keep your heating system working well after we’ve completed our service call. We always recommend regular heating maintenance to make sure your system is operating at maximum efficiency. By taking good care of your home throughout all seasons with pre-scheduled, regular maintenance, it’s possible to prevent many surprise furnace repairs and save money over time.
What’s Included in a Furnace Tune-Up
It’s recommended you schedule routine maintenance on your furnace at least once a year. During a tune-up, you can expect our technicians to:
- Check the blower for any obstructions. If needed, apply lubrication.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace chamber for defects that could include rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean the sensor and pilot.
- Check the “high limit” to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter to monitor the rate of fuel usage.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
The last thing you want to deal with in the middle of winter is a malfunctioning furnace. To prevent your system from completely malfunctioning – leaving you in the cold – it’s important to watch for these signs that can indicate your system needs repairs:
- Short cycling: If your system runs for less than three minutes before turning off, it can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or a broken thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If the flames are uneven or lean toward the back of the furnace it can indicate a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to serious problems. If you notice this, you should call a professional immediately.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear rumbling, popping, or whistling coming from the unit it can indicate a number of issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Cracked heat exchanger: This can lead to a serious issue like a carbon monoxide leak. This should be inspected by a professional as soon as possible as it can cause serious health issues for your household. If you suspect you have a leak you should evacuate your property and then seek professional help.
Are you looking for an alternative to a forced-air heating system? Contact us to learn about our ductless mini-split systems.
Benefits of Performing Regular Furnace Maintenance
Having an expert perform an annual tune-up on your furnace can have many benefits for your entire household. Some of these can include:
- It will keep your home and family safe by ensuring the unit is working properly.
- It will provide maximum comfort to your house.
- It will help keep your system operating longer.
We’re on Call
Get in touch with us now — we are here to answer the call. From boiler repair to heat pump troubleshooting, we are the right contractor to turn to. There is no alternative to Alta, and we prove it every single day on the job. For furnace repair that’s fast and affordable, trust Alta Air.