How Do You Know If Your Heating Element Is Bad In Your Furnace?
The heating element is one of the crucial parts of a furnace that helps to generate heat. This is done by passing an electric current through the element which then heats up and produces warmth. However, over time the heating element can become damaged or corroded and stop working properly.
If you suspect that your heating element may be damaged, it is important to call a professional for furnace service in West Jordan, UT. Alta Air Inc. can help you with all your furnace needs including diagnosis and repair of heating elements.
There are a few signs that you can look for to detect if your heating element is bad in the furnace:
- Heaters are not operating in cold temperatures: When your furnace is not generating enough heat or not working at all in cold temperatures, it could be a sign that the heating element needs to be replaced.
- Unusual smells: If you detect any strange odors emanating from your heater, it’s critical to turn it off immediately and contact a specialist.
- The furnace is taking a long time to heat up: When your furnace takes a long time to heat up, it could be caused by a faulty heating element in your system.
- Insufficient heating: There is probably something wrong with the heat strip if you feel that the furnace is not evenly warming up your space.
- Strange noises: When your heating system produces rumbling, hissing, or rattling noises, it indicates that the heating element is having issues.
If you notice any of these signs, it is time to call a professional at (801) 397-2586 for furnace repair in West Jordan, UT. Alta Air Inc. has trained professionals who can help you with all your furnace needs. We will come to your home to diagnose the problem and provide you with a solution. Give us a call today!
Causes Of Damaged Heat Strips
- Short cycling: When your furnace turns on and off more frequently, it puts stress on the heating elements and can cause them to break down over time.
- Lifespan: With age, parts of your furnace will start to wear out and will eventually need a replacement.
Corrosion: The heating elements can become corroded if there is a lot of moisture in the air.
- Vibration: If your furnace is not securely fastened, it can vibrate and cause the heating elements to break.
- Faulty Wiring: If the wiring in your furnace is not connected correctly, it can cause the heating elements to overheat and break.
If you are certain your furnace’s heat strips are damaged, contact us for furnace service in Woods Cross, UT, and surrounding areas. We can assist you with your heating needs, including the inspection and repair of heaters.
Services Your Furnace Timely With Experienced Technicians
Alta Air Inc. strives to provide expert and personalized comfort solutions across the Wasatch Front. We serve our customers with the best service, installation, and maintenance of their furnaces. Contact us now, and our friendly customer service representative will answer your call and schedule a visit at your earliest convenience.