Is the air in your house too dry – especially in the winter months? This can cause several symptoms for your household, including dry skin, nose bleeds, and cracked lips, among other ailments. If you’ve noticed these signs, call Alta Air to have our trustworthy technicians install a humidifier in your Wood Cross, UT home to add moisture to the air. Your home comfort is our one and only responsibility.
Do you have too much moisture in your house? Contact us to learn about our dehumidifier services.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
Do you rely on your air conditioner to remove humidity from your house? While this can remove some moisture from your house, it can’t remove all of it. Some benefits of installing a humidifier can include:
- It adds moisture to indoor air during the winter months.
- It increases interior comfort.
- It helps relieve irritated sinuses.
- It helps treat dry skin.
- It reduces excessive snoring.
- It prevents your throat from drying out.
- It reduces cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With AC Humidifiers
There are some common issues you might experience with your humidifier. Some problems you might encounter include:
- It won’t produce the right amount of moisture that is needed for your home. This can be the result of either the sponge pad accumulating too many minerals or the unit is not level.
- The water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The drain is blocked, causing leaks to occur along the line. High water pressure can also cause this issue.
- The humidifier will only activate if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your home.
Make the air in your house cleaner and safer by installing an air cleaner. Contact us to learn about our air cleaner and filtration services.
Maintenance Tips for Humidifiers
To keep your humidifier working correctly, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on your unit. Some tasks you should perform include:
- Check the water evaporator pad as it can become clogged with mineral deposits and keep the humidifier from functioning as expected.
- Inspect the blower motor. The motors in humidifiers can break down and need to be replaced, which will require the services of a professional.
- Check the water inlet valve, as these can become clogged or stuck, reducing the amount of water the humidifier has access to. This can cause the unit to produce less moisture since it has less water available.