When the temperature starts to dip this winter, make sure your furnace is up to the task of keeping your house warm. Call Alta Air for routine maintenance and tune-ups to ensure your unit is ready for the season. We also perform repairs and replacements when your system malfunctions. Schedule an appointment with us in Kaysville, UT to let our trustworthy technicians fix your system and restore comfort to your house.
Read what our clients in Davis County think of our services when you read our testimonials!
We provide complete heating services to Kaysville, including:
- Commercial HVAC
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Ductwork Repair and Installation
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
Common Furnace Problems
Is your furnace starting to show signs that it’s malfunctioning? Unfortunately, there are some common issues your system might encounter that can cause it to break down. These can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to schedule regular maintenance visits with our certified professionals can lead to a number of issues with your unit.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Filters can accumulate dust, dirt, and other debris that can cause your system to malfunction and lead to poor indoor air quality. To avoid these issues, change the filters regularly.
- Mechanical wear and tear: Your unit will start to develop more frequent issues and lose efficiency as it ages. When this happens it may be more cost-effective to have the system replaced.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home or commercial property does not correlate with the setting on your thermostat, have a professional inspect the device.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted air flow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Cracks in your unit can cause carbon monoxide to leak out, creating a highly dangerous situation in your home or commercial property. If the pilot light on your unit has turned from blue to yellow, you notice an excessive amount of condensation on your windows or start to feel sick in any way, evacuate your property immediately and seek emergency help.
How To Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Keeping your house warm all winter can cause shock and anxiety when you open your utility bills. You can reduce these heating costs by using these tips to make your system more energy-efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Make sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Make sure that your property is well insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with a professional.
- Change your filter as recommended.
- Let the sunlight in to add extra warmth.
Is your furnace malfunctioning but you’re not sure why? Contact us to schedule services with one of our experts in Davis County.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Repaired
When your heater starts to malfunction, it can be difficult to know when it needs to be repaired or when it should be replaced. Some signs that can indicate you need a new system installed include:
- Your property isn’t warming to the desired temperature.
- The heat produced by your unit is not being evenly distributed throughout your home.
- Your system begins to make loud and unpleasant sounds.
- Your monthly utility bills continue to rise without any change in use.
- Your thermostat is malfunctioning.
- Your ductwork is leaking.