3 Tips for Turning Any Family Night into a Scary Cinema Extravaganza
Not everyone is into Halloween or haunted houses, but most people can find a place in their hearts and busy schedules for an evening of film with friends and family. As the country is looking at spending another spooky season with minimal human contact, spending a night in with some good Halloween movies may be just what the doctor ordered.
Choose the Film: To Gore or Not To Gore
If blood and guts are more appealing to a person’s film tastes, then plenty of movies dish out the goods. Take a few of these classics:
- Night of the Living Dead
- Child’s Play
- The Descent
- As Above, So Below
Get Cozy: Comfort Foods and Fuzzy Blankets
When planning a movie night, the snacks are almost as important as the film. Make it a whole experience by making and decorating spooky sugar cookies, or make popcorn balls, or just hit the dollar store candy aisle. Enjoy a few Halloween themed candies like:
- Candy Corn
- Marshmallow Pumpkins
- Reese’s Pieces
Don’t forget the pillow fort. Grab all the fleece blankets and every pillow in the house and plump them up on the living room floor for a perfect movie-watching nest.
Double Check the Furnace
Heater maintenance is an important part of a fall routine. If a homeowner gets a furnace inspection before the cold season starts, their furnace will be ready to make the movie night warm and toasty.
An HVAC professional will swoop in like the late-entering hero to save the lead from the scary monster. There is nothing to fear from heater inspection or heater service. Here are a few examples of what a technician might look at:
- Filter: In most systems, the filter needs to be changed at least once a year.
- Electrical Connections: Checking these connections will keep a unit running efficiently and prevent any sort of fire hazard caused by loose or defective wiring.
- Condensate Drain: The technician will verify that nothing blocking the drain could cause leaks and water damage.
- Thermostat: The tech will verify that the thermostat is connected and working properly.
- Fuel Lines: If the home is heated by natural gas, the lines will need to be checked for leaks to ensure peak efficiency and the highest safety.
With all these pieces in place, the Halloween movie night is sure to be a success.
About Alta Air
Alta Air is a locally owned and operated HVAC business serving the greater Woods Cross, UT area since 2003. With free estimates and quality workmanship, their mission is to have such satisfied customers that they return again and again and refer others. Call today for HVAC service!