How Do You Troubleshoot An Electric Heating Element?
An electric heating element is a key component in many types of heating systems. If your heating system is not working properly, it may be due to a problem with the heating element. At Alta Air Inc., we are heating experts and can help you troubleshoot your heating element to get your heating system up and running again. We have trained and expert technicians who can quickly diagnose and repair heating elements. Hire us for furnace service in West Jordan, UT.
Troubleshooting an electric heating element is a relatively simple process that can be done by most homeowners. However, if you are not comfortable doing this type of work, or need assistance, contact a heating professional today for heating repair services.
There are a few tips that you can do to troubleshoot your electric heating element:
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the power is turned on and the circuit breaker has not tripped. If the power is off, turn it on and reset the circuit breaker.
- Inspect the heating element: Inspect the heating element for any signs of physical damage, such as cracks or breaks in the element. This type of damage can cause the heating element to malfunction. If the heating element is damaged, it will need to get replaced.
- Check for continuity: Use a multimeter to check for continuity between the heating element’s terminals. There should be continuity if the element is functioning properly.
- Measure the resistance: Again, using a multimeter, measure the resistance of the heating element. The resistance should be within the manufacturer’s specified range for the element to be working properly.
- Check the connections: Make sure that all connections to the heating element are tight and secure. Loose connections can cause an interruption in the flow of electricity to the heating element, resulting in heating problems.
Importance of troubleshooting an electric heating element
- Identify the problem with your heating element: To fix a heating element, you first need to identify what is wrong with it. Troubleshooting can help you identify the problem so that you can fix it.
- Determine if the heating element needs to be replaced: If the heating element is damaged, it will need to get replaced. However, if the heating element is not damaged, troubleshooting can help you determine what is wrong with it and how to fix it.
- Prevent further damage: You can prevent further damage to it or other parts of the heating system by troubleshooting the heating element. It can also save you money in the long run.
- Get your heating system up and running again: Ultimately, the goal of troubleshooting is to get your heating system up and running again. By troubleshooting your heating element, you can identify and fix the problem so that you can have heat in your home or business.
If you have questions about troubleshooting your heating element or need assistance, contact Alta Air Inc. or schedule an appointment online today. We offer furnace installation, repair, and heating installation in West Jordan, UT to keep your home or business comfortable all winter long.