Most homeowners in Utah rely on electric heaters to keep their homes warm during the winter. While they are a convenient way to heat your home, they can also face issues with time.
Alta Air Inc. is here to help you understand the different types of electric heater troubles that can occur so that you can prepare. If you are already facing issues with your furnace, please call us today for the furnace repair in Northern, Utah.
The following are the types of trouble that an electric heater can have:
- Overheating: If your electric heater is overheating, it could be due to multiple reasons. One possibility is that the thermostat is set too high. Another reason could be that the air filters are dirty and require replacement. Additionally, overloading the circuit could also cause overheating. If you notice your electric heater is overheating, you should turn it off and call Alta Air Inc. for assistance.
- Not Enough Heat: If your heater is not providing enough heat, the first thing you should check is the thermostat. If it’s set too low, naturally, it won’t provide enough heat. Another possibility is that there could be an issue with the wiring. If the wiring is damaged, it needs repair or replacement as soon as possible.
- Inconsistent Heat: A faulty thermostat can also cause inconsistent heat. If the thermostat isn’t working properly, it won’t be able to maintain a consistent temperature. In some cases, blockages in the ductwork cause inconsistent heating. We need to remove blockages so that the heat can flow freely.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills have increased significantly, it could be due to your electric heater. One possibility is that there’s an issue with the insulation. If the insulation is damaged, heat will escape making it use more energy to keep your home warm. Additionally, if ductwork leaks, heat will escape causing a spike in your energy bills.
- Noisy Operation: In most cases, a noisy electric heater is nothing to worry about. However, if the noise is excessive, it could be due to loose parts. If this is the case, call Alta Air Inc. for assistance.
- Sequencer Issue: The sequencer is a component in the electric heater that turns on the different heating elements in a specific order. If the sequencer fails, it can prevent the heater from turning on at all.
Alta Air Inc. For Complete HVAC Solutions
If you’re having issues with your electric heater, the team at Alta Air Inc. can help. We provide complete HVAC solutions, including furnace repair in Northern, Utah and furnace maintenance in Woods Cross, Utah. By scheduling a maintenance plan you can get the following benefits:
- Save money on energy bills.
- Extend the life of your furnace.
- Avoid costly repairs.
- Keep your home comfortable all winter long.